Ever since I added support for game controllers, Electric has had horrible frame rate problems; on the Asus Transformer I’ve been using, I have been consistently getting frame rates below 20 frames per second. WELL. Earlier tonight I fixed the problem! I had been trying different things to optimize it for months* with little impact before I finally figured it out. It was trying to load the controller every frame, even though it was already loaded before the game starts. I made a goof when trying to optimize controller inputs. I deleted the erroneous line, and all is well.
RC1 will be out soon (Valve time – trends suggest that school causes a dramatic decrease in productivity).
*Months of school time is more like weeks/2 of summer time.