Sorry, we’ve been running Valve time with this one (no we haven’t – it got released eventually), but Electric RC2 is out now. It’s actually been mostly done for a little while, but a bunch of time got taken up with school projects and the like. So, here’s the new stuff.
- Background textures have much fewer glitches around the edges of the woods
- The aimer mod doesn’t lie (for real this time)
- Flare packs now include 3 flares
- Various frame rate bugs fixed
- The installer is about 2/5 the size it used to be
- The installer has the correct icon
Continue reading “Electric RC 2”
We are quickly nearing the end of the road of development for Electric. It’s exciting to think about releasing our first game to the public, and to know that we’ve actually finally finished something we have started!
Originally, we had only planned a single release candidate. However, after so many bugfixes, small tweaks that individually seemed insignificant here and there, and a fundamental update to the build tool (switched from SDL to OpenGL), the first RC no longer represented the final state of the game. Continue reading “Status of Electric”
Most of this happened over Fall break, Thanksgiving, and Christmas break.
RC is out, and it’s different.
- Main menu and Options menu have cool new background, plus the text is less ugly
- Other menus, the HUD, and the market have a brushed steel background
- Added a random forest in the battlefield and a river*
- Added menu and game music
- And thus music volume controls
- Added more functionality to controllers other than the mouse & keyboard (controllers can now toggle weapons and mods)
- added the cruise missile – very powerful and has a blast radius, but very expensive too. Also, it doesn’t require a direct hit, it just blows up once it reaches the closest point to its target along its trajectory.
- removed BVR scope – suffered from uselessness and a huge bug that would have been very difficult to fix
- replaced it with flares – confuse incoming missiles, but aren’t guaranteed to work
- with “really good” AI, other planes can use the market (with limited selection)
- AI planes will only fire primary weapons when within a radius of the distance between your plane and the left edge of your screen
- Added those wing tip trails (fancy graphics only – sorry, netbook people.)
- Boosters last 3 seconds
- Boosters and flares are stackable
- Speed now reads in mph (the plane’s top speed is 645.5 mph)
Continue reading “Electric RC”