Sorry, we’ve been running Valve time with this one (no we haven’t – it got released eventually), but Electric RC2 is out now. It’s actually been mostly done for a little while, but a bunch of time got taken up with school projects and the like. So, here’s the new stuff.
- Background textures have much fewer glitches around the edges of the woods
- The aimer mod doesn’t lie (for real this time)
- Flare packs now include 3 flares
- Various frame rate bugs fixed
- The installer is about 2/5 the size it used to be
- The installer has the correct icon
Continue reading “Electric RC 2”
We are quickly nearing the end of the road of development for Electric. It’s exciting to think about releasing our first game to the public, and to know that we’ve actually finally finished something we have started!
Originally, we had only planned a single release candidate. However, after so many bugfixes, small tweaks that individually seemed insignificant here and there, and a fundamental update to the build tool (switched from SDL to OpenGL), the first RC no longer represented the final state of the game. Continue reading “Status of Electric”